Red Jacket Beach Resort is Perfect for Family Fun
Summer travel is in FULL SWING IN NEW ENGLAND!
We were honored to be invited by the Boston Red Sox & Red Jacket Resorts as part of our Red Sox Mom’s legacy campaign and the Calling All Kids program at Fenway. The popular Red Jacket Beach Resort in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts is the perfect vacation destination for your family! I’m so happy to report we had an absolutely WONDERFUL TIME!
As many of you know by now, I have a very successful travel website and grew up in the hospitality business for over 25 years on a resort on Cape Ann, so I know my stuff (at least, I think I DO!). We hope our review and tips will help you to plan your next trip to The Red Jacket Beach Resort!
Overall, the resort is comfortable and VERY family friendly. When I say comfortable, I’m truly focusing on the fact that this resort caters to families – sure, you can go there without your kids, but our focus and review will be with families in mind. There’s a lot of happy energy all around this resort. Excited kids and content families were bustling about the resort and it was so refreshing to see the focus on FAMILY. If you’re looking for a family oriented Cape Cod vacation, THIS is the place to consider. At Red Jacket Resorts your visit will be a home run!
The Red Jacket Beach Resorts’ Amenities Include:
- 150 Guest Rooms, Vacation Houses and Townhouses
- Full-service Restaurant and Lounge (a very quaint nautical style Pub to be exact!)
- Three Heated Pools: a large indoor pool and two outdoor pools
- Concierge Service is available daily in July and August to assist with directions, reservations, island trips and sightseeing (easy trip to the Vineyard and Nantucket from this location!)
- Summer Kids Club with fun, supervised activities
- A wide variety of Family-Friendly Summer Activities
- On-site Parasailing, Jet Ski and Kayak Rentals (we loved it! $45 per hour)
- A Selection of Pet-Friendly Rooms
- The Otis Cole Day Spa offers Massages, Facials, and Skin Treatments
Mom’s Lifesavers’ Top 10 Reasons to Go to Red Jacket Resorts
1. Family Time Bonanza – The property is perfectly suited for young family travel. The room we stayed in was just a few feet from the beach – it was awesome! Families are able to hang on the beach, by the pool or the lovely grassy areas on the property. Tip: When a child is ready for a nap, parents are able to still be in vacation mode by relaxing outside the room on the very comfortable porches each room has with ample seating. We also noticed many couples sipping wine and chatting on the porches after getting the kiddos to bed enjoying sunset! As we know, vacations are truly a tag-team sort of endeavor and I can see this resort as a perfect location for a family.
2. Location, Location, Location – The Resort is situated on an awesome part of Cape Cod. An easy drive from Boston or other locations makes it so convenient for families. You can also easily travel around Cape Cod from this location. An easy ferry ride to Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket is also a fun addition to any trip to Cape Cod.
3. Comfortable Accommodations – This resort truly caters to families. The resort is comfortable, clean and not flashy, kids can feel comfortable playing ball outside their rooms on the grass, and the rooms have a beachy, relaxed feel. The room we had was not renovated, but other locations I have learned have brand new renovations. If this is important to you (it’s not for us!), then inquire when you make a reservation. Overall, the room was comfortable, clean and had families in mind.
4. Great Food – The restaurant at the resort was excellent. The prices are a bit on the higher side (over $10 pp for breakfast), but the buffet breakfast was one of the best I’ve seen in the area. The food was thoughtfully prepared and delicious. The meal easily sustained us well beyond lunchtime. We just had a quick snack for lunch, because we were still full from breakfast! So we think it was well worth it!
5. Fun Water Activities – There are rentals for the following activities at the resort; Kayaking, Parasailing and Jet Skiing. We did Kayak (video review below) and the kids loved it. They did hit low-tide, but knew what to do. Tip: I suggest looking at the tide and arranging your trip for high tide to get the most of your trip.
6. Family Fun Activities Daily – Between the indoor and outdoor pool locations is an activity board highlighting activities for family fun. During our stay they had hermit crab races, volleyball game, live music, yoga and chair massages. They also have a Kids Club, which is filled with exciting events to entertain children of all ages. The full slate of activities include: hermit crab races, magic shows, painting, Xbox tournaments, bonfires, beach parties, and our “dive-in” poolside movies and more.
7. Cute Lounge (Pub) – We really liked the comfortable Asa Eldridge Pub at the resort. The bartender was able to give us so much local information and tips, it was so helpful. We had the best Margarita, too. The popular drink at the resort is a mudslide, they’re amazing!
8. Family Bonding Time – The resort is really geared for families. We saw so many families truly having the time of their lives and the Red Jacket Beach Resort truly is fostering the importance of memories and family legacy. I had a wonderful time with my children and we know you will, too. Tip: Take a photo on the beach around sunset, it will be a family photo you will treasure forever.
9. Two Pools, A Beach, River and Grass – The location and amenities for families is awesome. You will not hear the word BORED muttered, as least my teens didn’t, at the Red Jacket Beach Resort. The property has so much for kids to do! Tip: a short distance away is mini-golfing, an inflatable adventure park and some of the best ice cream stands on the planet. Tip: we took a few hours to visit Chatham – well worth the drive!
10. Excellent Staff – As I mentioned above, I have lived and worked in the hospitality business and this resort shines in this department. From the lovely woman who checked us in, to our diligent chambermaid to the delightful wait staff in the restaurant; everyone was super helpful and nice! We found the water sports folks to be the most accommodating and friendly. I asked one particular young man a dozen questions and he answered every one of them with a smile. I felt very safe sending my teenagers off on an adventure on a solo kayaking trip after interacting with this great group of employees.
Video Reviews of Red Jacket Beach Resort
We decided to include several videos we took while visiting the Red Jacket Beach Resort. This will give you a really good sense of the resort and if it’s for you. We loved the laid-back feel of the resort and after this long New England winter, it hit the spot!.
Welcome to our Room on the Beach
Evening Fun at the Red Jacket Beach Resort
Beautiful River View at Red Jacket Beach Resort
Evening walk at Red Jacket Beach Resort
Good Morning from Red Jacket Beach Resort
Water Sports and Kayaking at Red Jacket Beach Resort
The Red Jacket Beach Resort 411
Red Jacket Beach Resort on Facebook
Thank you to the Boston Red Sox and Red Jacket Beach Resort for hosting Mom’s Lifesavers on this wonderful trip and to help facilitate this review – all opinions are our own. We had a wonderful time and hope to come back soon!