Simple DIY Burlap Christmas Trees
Here's what you need:
- 1 Styrofoam cone, we got our at the DollarTree
- Floral pins or common pins - you can Floral Pins at your local arts and crafts store - these work great to hold the burlap to the cone but I have to confess, when I ran out I just used common pins to finish it off!
- Strips of burlap or burlap ribbon - we used strips of burlap approximately 1 1/4 inches wide by 18" - I had purchased a piece of burlap from our fabric store and used it for another project - these were just the left over pieces.
- Berry floral pick - optional I wanted to add some berries to the trees I was making so I purchased a single holiday wreath/decorative pick and cut the 'berries' off and hot glued them in place
- Hot Glue (for attaching berries)
Step 2 - Taking one end of the burlap strip, create a series of overlapping loops, gathering them all at the base of the 'fan'.
Step 3 - Place a floral pin through the base of the loop 'fan'
Step 4 - Press the pinned burlap to the base of the craft cone and repeat, working your way up the cone form
Step 6 - Add artificial berries or ornaments to your liking!