These Paracord Flip Flops Come Together Fast!
Follow Our Tutorial for a Fun Summer Craft
Embellished Paracord Flip Flops!
Mom’s Lifesavers loves crafting and and this Paracord Flip Flop DIY tutorial is one of our all time favorite crafts.
SuppliesYou Will Need
- Flip flops – simple flip flops can be found at craft stores – we have gotten ours at Michaels but you can also find them at clothing, big box and discount stores
- Sharp scissors
- Lighter – we used a grill lighter – having a longer handle will keep your hand further from the flame
- Paracord – check Michaels for a great color selection of paracord – you can also buy it through Amazon and if you have a local Army/Navy Surplus store you will find some there to.
Video How To
Picture Step By Step
- Gather your supplies for the Paracord Flip Flops
- Next measure the amount of paracord you need – you can do this by wrapping the paracord around the perimeter of the flip flop and then measure that amount out 6 times – this will give you the approximate amount you need, cut off any extra.
- Find the center point of the paracord you measured out – this will be the part you lay underneath the foot strap of the flip flop. Start with a basic square knot. TIP: See the illustration at the end of the ‘steps’ section. Note: with the flip flop, the foot strap acts as the 2 center cords.
- Continue this square knot pattern over the entire flip flop strap.
- When you get to the end, cut the paracord with the sharp scissors and using a lighter, heat the end of the paracord to seal/melt/set the last knot. TIP: Using a lighter with a long handle makes this step much easier!
- Enjoy your embellished Paracord Flip Flops!