Key Lime Pie Recipe
We love this super easy and delicious Key Lime Pie recipe we found on the back of the Nellie and Joe’s Famous Key West Lime Juice Bottle. My parents live on Sanibel Island, Florida and I wasn’t able to make it down there from Boston for a visit.
I decided to make this very special pie to remind me of a favorite Floridian dessert. This recipe is BIG on flavor. Like, pucker up and squeeze your eyes good! It’s big on flavor and not too sweet. It’s really perfect! We also didn’t want a big pie laying around and I chose the mini-crust cups and they are a perfect size for a single serving of Key Lime Pie.
- 1 package of 6 mini-graham cracker pie shells
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Nellie and Joes’ Key West Lime Juice (this is the essential ingredient!)
- Combine milk, egg yolks, and lime juice
- Blend until smooth
- Pour the filling into the mini-pie crusts
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
- Allow to stand for about 10 minutes before you place them into the fridge
When you are ready to serve, top with whipped cream….yummy!
Now you are ready for a little slice of Florida! Enjoy!