Game Day Cookies
Here at Mom’s Lifesavers we’ve been playing in the kitchen creating a cookie recipe that is made with game day in mind, and we’ve got it – Game Day Cookies.
These cookies come together super quick with only 3 ingredients.
That’s right, 3 ingredients! After all, this is a Mom’s Lifesavers recipe so let’s keep it simple.
When we think Game Day we think chips. After all, what is watching the big game without potato chips and a favorite dip?
Well we decided to use those very same chips and create a Game Day Cookie recipe with them.
These cookies will satisfy the sweet tooth of your guests as well as be a hit with everyone when they taste the salty chocolaty goodness that comes with a crunch.
Here are the ingredients:
- A bag of your favorite potato chips
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cookie scoop
- Parchment paper
- Gather you ingredients and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Pre-heat your oven according to the package directions.
- Take the potato chips and crumble them into ‘flakes’. We used two varieties, a basic chip and a wavy chip with sea salt.
- Using the cookie scoop, scoop the sugar cookie mixture and then squish and roll the portion size into the broken potato chips. We flattened the dough (squish) into the mixture, coating it thoroughly. Then we rolled it back into a ball form and rolled it again into the chip pieces.
- Place individual rolled cookie dough balls onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake according to package directions. We baked ours at 350 for 12 minutes.
- While cookies are cooling on parchment paper, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave (1/2 power to melt them gradually).
- Once melted, use a fork to mix the chocolate and drizzle it onto the Game Day Cookies.
The next batch we’re making will have pecans in it! Other ideas, roll them in mini chocolate chips along with the potato chips or rather than drizzle the chocolate, dip half the cookie in the chocolate mixture.